[Serusers] forward_tcp reliability

Hendrik Scholz hscholz at raisdorf.net
Sun Aug 27 22:40:39 CEST 2006

Hi!

Nhadie wrote:
> if ((src_ip == 10.10.10.149) || (src_ip == 10.10.10.151)) {
> save_memory("location");
> };

I'd add a 'break;' there just to be sure ;)

I cannot give you any feedback on the reliability of the TCP stuff
but just some thoughts:

- Why not use UDP?
   I mean if your local network is saturated or drops packets for
   other reasons your registration database is probably one of your
   smaller problems.
- stateful vs. stateless
   Always take into account what would happen if some machine goes
   down. If you rely on a 200 OK or successful TCP handshake this
   may fill up your transaction module and initiate a retransmission
   flood if something goes 'slightly' bad.
   Forwarding via UDP and save_noreply() works very well in other
   setups.
- Multicast
   It seems to me if your hosts are within the same multicast domain.
   How about sending successful registrations to a multicast address.
   It's gonna be fire-and-forget allowing you to completely decouple
   your SIP servers from each other.
   Remember to disable multicast routing
- consume_credentials()
   Didn't see it in your config but since I'm paranoid: How about
   removing the authentication header?

Cheers,
  Hendrik

--
Hendrik Scholz - <hscholz at raisdorf.net> - http://raisdorf.net/
drag me, drop me - treat me like an object