[Serusers] REGISTRATION high pace & build_contact() error

Hendrik Scholz hscholz at raisdorf.net
Sun Aug 27 22:40:41 CEST 2006

Hi!

Kostas Marneris wrote:
> I get the following mesg in LOG file after 2 mins :
> 	build_contact(): No memory left

How many users do you have in the in-memory database at
that point? serctl moni should show that.

This might be just related to lack of (shared) memory SER
is allowed to use.
Check sip_router/config.h and increase the shared memory size (if
you are using shared memory at all; default) if possible.
Remember to set ulimit to allow the memory to be allocated.

SER can also debug memory allocations but before enabling debugging
check serctl fifo meminfo (probably graph it) and see if it
decreases when your registrations expire.

> CRITICAL ERROR : Can't save Contact to MySQL Location DB

I cannot find that string inside the source. Could it be a message
raised using xlog() from inside ser.cfg?

Cheers,
  Hendrik

P.S. removed CC to the sipsak list.

--
Hendrik Scholz - <hscholz at raisdorf.net> - http://raisdorf.net/
drag me, drop me - treat me like an object