[Serusers] Asigning a Subscriber to a Specific rtpproxy

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Sun Oct 9 22:25:26 CEST 2005

Hi Andres,

You are right, this works now only if you assign different domains per
users and you know where they are. You could change the lookup logic
based on a different algorithm if you toy either with the DNS server or
the dispatcher. So the dispatcher does a lookup in a particular
database in place of DNS and there you can map geo-location to a media
proxy domain. You would still want to use the DNS lookups because it
provides the load balancing and fail-over for multiple IPs.
Alternatively, we can customize media proxy to handle particular
situations subject to a commercial contract.

Kind regards,
Adrian