[Serusers] Getting access to the FIFO server from a remote host?

Frank Fischer frank.fischer at digitalnomads.ch
Sun Oct 9 23:50:02 CEST 2005

Hi

As far as i understand, the fifo server interface is a kind of file or
stream bound to the localhost. This means, it has no built-in capabilities
to be accessable from remote hosts, i.e. over a tcp socket, right?
I need to access the FIFO server from a remote host. I see 2 possibilities
to do this: either by writing some php scripts that are called from remote
side on a localhost webserver or by writing a wrapper that wraps the fifo
port and provides a tcp socket. Any other ideas?
The tcp socket is my favourite so far, because i expect it to be more
reliable and faster. Maybe anyone in the list already faced the same
situation and has already created a wrapper?

Regards
Frank