[Serusers] Packets fragmentation and message reduction

Arek Bekiersz sip at perceval.net
Thu Nov 3 10:11:22 CET 2005

Hi Federico,

Had the same problems. Solutions that work:

- you have somewhere MTU limit of 1500 bytes. Check where you have this
limit, it is possible you will be able to send bigger messages after changes

- use SER's consume_credentials() function to remove Authorization or
Proxy-Authorization HF after use

- configure all phones to use and describe in SDP only 1 or 2 codecs (decide
about your system codec, delete the rest from UAs)

- write your small function (in example in nathelper module) to edit SDP and
remove unused codecs when messages go through proxy

Arek,