[Serusers] Packets fragmentation and message reduction

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Thu Nov 3 16:33:44 CET 2005

Arek Bekiersz wrote:
> Hi Federico,
>

> Had the same problems. Solutions that work:
>
> - you have somewhere MTU limit of 1500 bytes. Check where you have this
> limit, it is possible you will be able to send bigger messages after changes
>
> - use SER's consume_credentials() function to remove Authorization or
> Proxy-Authorization HF after use
>
> - configure all phones to use and describe in SDP only 1 or 2 codecs (decide
> about your system codec, delete the rest from UAs)
>
> - write your small function (in example in nathelper module) to edit SDP and
> remove unused codecs when messages go through proxy

OK, but what about the idea of rewriting all header field names using
the compact form?
It seems to me less traumatic than altering the SDP data.

Are there C functions in SER that replace a header name (and only the
name, not the value) with a different one?
Alternatively, are there C functions to find the pointer to the header
field with a given name, delete it and insert a new one?

Thanks.

     __
    |-                      giannici at neomedia.it
    |ederico Giannici      http://www.neomedia.it