[Serusers] Packets fragmentation and message reduction

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Thu Nov 3 01:24:25 CET 2005

I found a situation where some SIP phones worked and some don't.

After a while I found that, because of the added bytes of the
"Proxy-Authorization:" header, the messages generated by some sip phones
were larger than 1480 bytes and this caused the connection with the PSTN
gateway to not work.

I tried to forwad the message with the t_relay_to_tcp() function, but by
the ngrep output it seems that it still uses UDP (but I may be wrong).

Anyway, what can be done in this situations?

What about a SER module that rewrite all header field names with their
compact form? Often, the message is only a few bytes more than 1480, so
this could be a solution...

What do you think?

Bye.

     __