Fwd: RE: [Serusers] Multiple Registration Servers

Senad J senad at bicom.us
Mon May 16 21:12:00 CEST 2005

serusers-bounces at lists.iptel.org wrote:
> that sounds fine, but what about all the other messages lets say a
> INVITE went to machine1, and the ACK went to machine2, then how would
> ser know what its doing. There is a discussion in the archives,
> subject LVS or something like that. Some are using a dispatcher
> module, from what I have read, but I dont think it is a complete
> solution...in fact I am unsure as to whether this is one....

Why would INVITE, ACK etc. go to the other SER machines if UAD are
registered to its machine?

> Corey S. McFadden wrote:
>

>> I'm hoping to clarify a couple questions on clustering SER in
>> high-volume environments as well.  Assuming authentication is RADIUS,
>> wouldn't clustering something like what Darren is talking about be as
>> simple as installing multiple SER boxes and just doing some DNS
>> round-robin?

kind of...yes.. but controlled at the application level.
In another words.. UAd need to support DNS SRV records.. plus heartbeat
will provide IP takeover services.

>Would that introduce any registration issues?

Sorry.. I do not have experince with RADIUS...