[Serusers] Intermittent Audio

pat newham pnewham at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 10:58:10 CET 2005

Thank you for the explanation...perhaps my view of the
nat issues are too simplified!! I realise now that
there is no point in invoking rtpproxy when the user
agents are behind the same nat on the same subnet. I
do not think the linksys router has any sip alg
settings. However while I acknowledge this is bad
design practice, I suspect now that the problem is
that my rtpproxy isnt working correctly anyway.

I found the following messages in /var/log/messages:

localhost /usr/sbin/ser: ERROR: send rtpp_test: cant
read reply from a rtp proxy
localhost /usr/sbin/ser: WARNING: rtpp_test: cant get
version of the RTP proxy
localhost /usr/sbin/ser: WARNING: support for the
rtpproxy has been temporarily disabled

I searched the archives and determined that I am
probably running the wrong version of RTPProxy so from
the /usr/sbin directory I ran the following command:

cvs
-d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.ser.berlios.de:/cvsroot/ser
co rtpproxy.

However this seems not to have made any difference.
Any further ideas? Do you think this is the source of
the problem?

Regards,
Pat.

http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2005-January/014620.html