[Serusers] radiusclient-ng

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Jun 28 17:10:42 CEST 2005

On 28-06-2005 07:00, Jose Bertuzzi wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am testing ser 0.10.99 dev8, radiusclient-ng 0.5.1
> with   freeradius 1.0.2 on the same machine. It is not
> working. I am not sure whether it is a version or a
> configuration problem. The question is, do this
> versions work all together? Is there any
> radiusclient-ser compatibility matrix?

  Yes, they work together, I tested this combination yesterday.
  Here is a check list:

  1) Make sure you configure the IP of the auth and accounting
     server in radiusclient.conf
  2) Make sure you have proper shared secret in radiusclient-ng/servers
  3) Make sure you have the same shared secret configured on the server
  4) Make sure you include dictionary.ser from
     sip_router/etc/dictionary.ser in the main dictionary of the
     radiusclient-ng library (use $INCLUDE dictionary.ser at the end)

  5) Make sure you include the same dictionary.ser into the main
     dictionary of freeradius server

  If you are not running the readius server and client on the same
  machine via loopback then you also have to change the value of
  "bindaddr" parameter in the configuration file of radiusclient.conf

  Then start radiuserver with -x command line option, this will print
  debugging information to stdout.

    Jan.