[Serusers] Load balancing with Mediaproxy

smy at addm.com smy at addm.com
Thu Jun 23 05:52:07 CEST 2005

Hi all,

As I've mentioned previously that I'm trying to deploy 1 SER and multiple
mediaproxies.  Yet after reading the readme file from ag-projects (Thanks
Greger, but I have read and tried this before) I'm still very confused
in terms
of configuration.

I've tried adding a dispatcher list as follow....

loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/mediaproxy.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/dispatcher.so"

modparam("mediaproxy","natping_interval", 30)
modparam("dispatcher", "list_file", "/etc/ser/dispatcher.list")
modparam("dispatcher", "force_dst", 1)
modparam("mediaproxy","mediaproxy_socket", "/var/run/mediaproxy.sock")
modparam("mediaproxy","sip_asymmetrics","/usr/local/etc/ser/sip-clients")
modparam("mediaproxy","rtp_asymmetrics","/usr/local/etc/ser/rtp-clients")

and the dispatcher list file as.....
# $Id$
# dispatcher destination sets
#

# proxies
2 sip:2xx.xx.xx.xx:5080
2 sip:6x.xx.xx.xx:5080
2 sip:8x.xx.xx.xx:5080

SER couldn't even start properly and displays errors with the
dispatcher module
(or something to that affect).  Once I removed the dispatcher part of the
config in the ser.cfg, everything works find again.  Any help in
pointing me to
the right direction is greatly appreciated!!