[Serusers] Load balancing with Mediaproxy

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Thu Jun 23 09:35:47 CEST 2005

I think you are confusing a couple of things here:
- dispatcher.so is a SER module for load balancing SIP messages to multiple
other SIP servers
- mediaproxy.so is a SER module for load balancing RTP streams by
manipulating the SDP payload in SIP messages
- proxydispatcher is the python daemon that mediaproxy.so communicates with
(so you should use proxydispatcher.sock as mediaproxy_socket)
- proxydispatcher daemon will look up DNS and forward to mediaproxy python
daemon (yes, same name, different thing)

Forget about dispatcher.so, set up SER and proxydispatcher daemon on same
machine, set up one mediaproxy daemon on each RTP proxy server that
proxydispatcher should load balance across (using DNS SRV).

Better?
g-)