[Serusers] SEMS with multiple SERs

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Wed Jun 22 13:36:20 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I gave the SEMS-conference module a try and it looks quite promising.
But one thing comes in my mind:

We've multiple SERs balanced via DNS-SRV, so a call to a conference room
can end up in any of the SEMS instances where SER is running, which
results in different conference rooms for one single number.

To solve this issue, the communication between SER and SEMS has to be
made networking enabled (assuming a simple case where one SEMS-server
serves many SERs; for multiple SEMS-Instances maybe a common DB or a
dispatcher has to be used to find the correct SEMS-Server).

Some possibilites come in my mind:

1. Adding a t_write_udp/tcp() function to SER's tm-module and add a
UDP/TCP-Listener to SEMS.

2. Enhance the new xmlrpc-module of SER to allow sending XMLRPC-requests
from inside the SER-config and add an XMLRPC-server to SEMS.

Is there already anybody working on this? Or any comments on the approaches?

Andy