[Serusers] append_to_reply and save behaviour

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Wed Jun 22 13:14:56 CEST 2005

The reason is that the function save sends the response and all further processing can not affect this response (which is already travelling back). I don't know if it can be called bug, feature, or just design... ;)
SER config file executes the commands sequentially (besides route blocks) and you have to be careful with the order.

Samuel.

Unclassified.
>>> Fermín Galán Márquez <fermin.galan at agora-2000.com> 06/22/05 12:47PM >>>
Hello,

I've found and estrange behaviour in the 'append_to_reply' action when used
in conjunction with 'save' action during REGISTER processing.

In particular, if I use in ser.cfg:

	append_to_reply("Service-Route:
<sip:orig at scscf.domain1.com;lr>\r\n");
	save("domain1");

Then the Service-Route header is added to the "200 OK". But if changing the
relative order of the actions:

	save("domain1");
	append_to_reply("Service-Route:
<sip:orig at scscf.domain1.com;lr>\r\n");

Then the 'append_to_reply' is ignored: no header is added to the response.

I think is a weird behaviour... I would like to know if this is a bug or a
feature (I have read the textops documentation at
http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/modules/html/textops.html#AEN104 and nothing
about problems with 'save' are mentioned).

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

------
Fermín