[Serusers] OpenSER release

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Jun 14 20:31:20 CEST 2005

Dave,

openser is an alternative for people who needs fast progress. There are
more and more people asking when some feature will be available in a
stable release or if a contribution will be ever accepted. For example
our guys came up with a  ACC patch to implement custom accounting -
feature witch was ask by some users. But for almost half a year the
patch was ignore by module maintainers....the same with TLS or other
features. OpenSER wants to overcome this problem. And btw, the scripting
is the same, compatibility will be maintained...but with more features
and more module. We shouldn't confuse interoperability with enhancement.

We are SER people, even core developers of SER, but we cannot impose our
point of view over the whole project - there are other people
responsible for other parts of code and I cannot neither go over their
code, neither to force them to progress.
It's just a matter of effort versus waisted effort........

bogdan