[Serusers] Pre-paid billing based upon SER

Terje Myhre terje.myhre at telecoms-consultancy.com
Fri Jun 3 13:56:13 CEST 2005

Hello,

We're an ip-telephony operator in Sweden (www.wx3.se) , and we're looking
for a platform which can help us undertake pre-paid billing of IP-telephony
users.

We have ourselves a processing platform for CDRs, but we don't have a
registrar/proxy (rtp-handling) / voice messaging (potentially asterisk)
which can make us support pre-paid services.

What we need is a platform which can make a request (including call details)
to a billing system, and continue the call set-up if the response is
positive.  As the call is ongoing, the system will periodically continue to
ask the billing system if the call can continue (for another 60 secs, for
example).  If the call cannot continue any longer, the call will be "taken
down".

If a caller call, and there is not enough money on the account, the billing
system will return with a negative response and a sip-url, the caller should
be directed to the sip-url - which belongs to a voice-mail system, in which
the appropriate response will be played.

So my question is: Can SER - possibly with support of RTP Router : to have
control of RTP-flow / call-redirection - support these requirements.

Br,

Terje Myhre

 <http://www.wx3.se/> www.wx3.se

sip:  <mailto:tem at wx3.se> tem at wx3.se