[Serusers] Getting Started Workshop - Phone Help

Mer lot merlot_1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 19:45:20 CEST 2005

We’re in the early stage of building up an initial SER configuration and find that even with the abundant information on onsip.org’s site and posts, a lot of things that can go wrong.  We want to build up the full authenticated/NAT’ed/ system specified in the onsip.org’s excellent 0.9.3 documentation and we’d like to cooperate with several other people wanting to do the same in a sort of small virtual workshop.  The goal is to help each other and accelerate our mutual progress and the emphasis is on direct communication (VOIP of course) or even SSH or VNC into a remote server for assistance.

The config we’d like to replicate in steps is everything in the SER Getting Started document up to and including the config on page 36 (5.1.1) “Mediaproxy ‘Transparent NAT Traversal’.  We’re open to the Rtpproxy version also but the guide provides more info on Mediaproxy.

In a subsequent step we’d like to implement the PSTN gateway similar to that on page 52 though maybe not exactly as described there.  Anyway that's a downstream step.

For greatest benefit we think it would be useful to implement with a common Linux distro/build and UA’s, which should all be freely available.  Can discuss it more with interested participants.

Once completed will be glad to contribute the notes and experiences back to onsip.org to the extent it might help others.

Email us if you're interested.  Will share VOIP numbers and more info.

Regards,

MC