[Serusers] Looking for SER + Asterisk-as-voicemail HOWTO

Girish gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 09:39:19 CET 2005

Ashling,

See comments inline.

--- Ashling O'Driscoll <ashling.odriscoll at cit.ie> wrote:

> I implemented the changes in ser.cfg that Giri suggested below(will
> this cover no answer and busy?). Asterisk and ser are on the same
> machine so I now forward to 5062: see code below. Hoever how do I now
> modify Asterisk to handle this?...Like I said Ive read lots on this
> but it gets complicated with perl scripts etc. Apologies if I am a
> bit slow picking up on this!

Go thru the README.variables file that comes with the Asterisk distribution. It describes about
the extension logic and how to handle different variables. Also, learn about pattern matching for
Asterisk extensions. Now add appropriate entries for voicemail in voicemail.conf. Have something
like this in your extensions.conf when the vm calls from SER reach Asterisk.

exten => _X.,1,VoiceMail2(u${EXTEN})

> ser.cfg;
> if(!lookup("location"){
> rouet(2);
> break;
> };

The above code will not serve your busy/unanswered needs. Add a failure route and handle it there.
like:

t_on_failure("1");
t_relay ();
break;

failure_route[1] {
   route(2);
   break;
}

> route [2]
> {
>  rewritehostport("xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5062");
>  t_relay_to_udp("xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5062");
>  break;
> };
>
> Aisling

Also, learning about using t_check_status will also help you handle specific error conditions.

Best,

=====
Girish Gopinath  <gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com>