[Serusers] Looking for SER + Asterisk-as-voicemail HOWTO

Ashling O'Driscoll ashling.odriscoll at cit.ie
Fri Jan 28 12:48:43 CET 2005

I am having similar problems to those described below. I have scoured
the internet with google and looked at the following link aswell:

http://mail.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2004-October/012192.html

Howvere I am getting confused because most of these configs refer to
the pstn aswell. I would just like to know how SER can use asterisk
for voicemail.

I implemented the changes in ser.cfg that Giri suggested below(will
this cover no answer and busy?). Asterisk and ser are on the same
machine so I now forward to 5062: see code below. Hoever how do I now
modify Asterisk to handle this?...Like I said Ive read lots on this
but it gets complicated with perl scripts etc. Apologies if I am a
bit slow picking up on this!

ser.cfg;
if(!lookup("location"){
rouet(2);
break;
};

route [2]
{
 rewritehostport("xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5062");
 t_relay_to_udp("xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5062");
 break;
};

Aisling