[Serusers] SER Gateway Authentication

Tom Gaudasinski cetus at internode.on.net
Fri Jan 28 23:12:06 CET 2005

Greetings,
    I'm looking for a way to authenticate SER to an Asterisk box
securely, digest would be the best but whatever is available I'll take.
I cannot seem to find anything about this at voip-info, and I've had a
solid google through the mailing archives. First of all, is it at all
possible to authenticate with a gateway that wants to place a call
through SER and vice-versa for that matter? If so, how could I achieve
this? Eventually, I'd like to have hardware gateways such as cisco to
coexist with SER, is it possible to authenticate those? Can SER initiate
the authentication or does the Asterisk/Gateway have to initiate it? If
it is also possible I would truly appreciate some examples of both how
to achieve this in the ser.conf as well as in asterisk configs.

Thankyou.