[Serusers] SER-Redundancy by Master/Slave-Location-DB

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Mon Jan 17 20:38:02 CET 2005

Have a look at:
http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/modules/html/usrloc.html#AEN153

However, this probably does not do all you need, as you still need lookup to
synchronize with the db. This could maybe be done with the timer_interval
parameter (lower it).  I haven't had a look at the code implementing the
flush/synchronization, but that could be a start.

I haven't really validated the idea of using database replication/cluster,
so there are probably other things to consider as well.  I wouldn't worry
about heavy SIP load and lost registers because you should a long time
before that have taken measures to keep your systems at a lower load...
    However, synchronization of servers that went down is an issue.  Haven't
really seen any discussions on the list on replication in itself as a
redundancy issue.  Anyone?

    Locations are not really that critical, are they?  If you use
registration intervals of ex. 10 minutes, how do you even manage to
synchronize the databases manually?

Any more thoughts on your usage scenario and why you would put the effort
into moving t_replicate to SQL replication?
g-)