[Serusers] DTMF problems

Girish gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 16:51:58 CET 2005

Hello,

--- Humberto Aicardi <humberto at aicardi.com.br> wrote:
>             I'm a newbie on SER so please be patient. I have been using *
> for quite a while and now decided to use SER as a front-end for my SIP
> users. I have everything setup including *, SER, RPTProxy, STUN and
> everything works except for DTMF tones, for example, when I access *
> voicemail through SER the tones do not get correctly recognized by *.
> Asterisk is configured to use RFC2833 as a transport for DTMF tones.

Please be more specific. What do you mean by "do not get correctly recognized by *" ? Is * not
getting dtmf tones? or getting incorrect tones?

What dtmf mode does the client use? Inband or INFO? SER doesnt handle media. SER will relay INFO
requests. See if the dtmfmode is specified in the right context, and see if any SIPDtmfMode
command overrides your rfc2833 setting.

Regards,

=====
Girish Gopinath  <gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com>