[Serusers] "Can't connect to RTP proxy"

Chris ser at cannes.f9.co.uk
Sat Jan 8 16:53:28 CET 2005

Hi all,

I have 0.9.0 running with customized version of ser.cfg posted by Paul, I
think.

It works to the extent that the .cfg has so far been developed.

However on “serctl start” and with traffic I get  multiple logs which all
seem to stem from:

            “send_rtpp_command: can’t connect to RTP proxy”.

Can any one point me in the right direction to “resolve” this?

On a connected note (I think),

The cfg file is based, it seems, on nat-helper operation.

I understand that nat-helper and media-proxy are mutually exclusive.

but that media-proxy seems to be more powerful

and well suitable for smaller systems that do not need to scale greatly.

Is there any document which explains what are the fundamental differences in
capabilities between the two, and ser.cfg deltas required to go from
nat-helper-->media-proxy.

I have found text which references one or the other but not in a comparative
sense.

thanks

Chris

---