[Serusers] Remote ser management instead of FIFO

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Apr 15 15:37:02 CEST 2005

Marian Dumitru writes:

 > similar to FIFO interface, there is a UNIX socket one. Also I saw posted
 > recently a patch for UDP/TCP sockets, but haven't tried yet.

i tried it and it worked ok for some functions and not for some others.
also, it currently doesn't support an allowed clients file or database
table.

there is something wrong in the design of external access to ser.
an abstraction layer is missing between modules and external access
methods.  so each module has to currently support fifo, unix
socket, and also tcp/udp interface.

-- juha