[Serusers] versions of SuSE

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Apr 11 16:34:48 CEST 2005

On 04/11/05 15:42, Damian Bundred wrote:

> hi,
> i was able to get SER working in its most basic mode on an old office
> machine(infortunatly i dont know what version of SuSE or specs it had)
> and have just got my new computer, an AMD 64, and have installed SuSE
> 9.2 64bit on it, and SER has problems seeing a SIP fone at all, even
> though it says it has loaded up and is running.

watch the network (with ngrep or ehtereal) and see what happens with the
SIP requests from your phone. Also, you can start ser in debug mode
(command line parameters: -E -ddddd or set in your config file debug=5
and log_stderror=yes) to see the log messages.

> I was wondering if there might be an incompatability between SER and
> new versions of SuSE or 64bit versions of SuSE, and was wondering if
> anyone could tell me the latest vesrion that it works correctly on.

I haven't used Suse, but ser should do fine on 64bit, if you encounter
some misbehaviors, let us know. What version of ser do you use?

Daniel