[Serusers] Child procs

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Sun Apr 10 16:04:18 CEST 2005

Ok, that makes a little more sense, thanks for clearing that up. However
what I'm noticing is that over a period of time the 4 "udp" procs lock
up, at random points from what I can tell. I can't seem to duplicate the
issue, by load testing or by load testing and waiting. One day our
production box "hung" 4 times. What's even more weird is this happens on
0.8.14, 0.9.0, and even latest cvs dev. To compensate I was raising the
child procs up to 100 until I found the problem, even with that many
procs still only 4 "udp" procs ever get generated. Also I disable TCP as
our infrastructure doesn't need it. Any suggestions? I don't want to
enable full debugging on production because I could never get debug to
run stable (duh?). Could this be a distro bug or some kind of lib
mismatch? I've read the manual many times, must be doing something
wrong. I love SER but getting to the point where we maybe forced to get
Asterisk to start proxying (gasp)..

Thanks, Matt