[Serusers] SER 0.8.14 to 0.9.0

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Mon Apr 4 10:48:59 CEST 2005

Aisling,
Sorry, I overlooked this post.

For installation from scratch, do the following as root:
Make sure /opt exists, if not: mkdir /opt
Delete your mysql ser database: mysqladmin -u root [-ppassword] drop ser  (I
assume you don't need data in the old)
unzip the source file to /tmp
cd /tmp/ser-0.9.0
Run: ./make_and_install sql /opt/ser
Ser will be installed to /opt/ser.
Copy the config file to /opt/ser/etc/ser/
Create tables with /opt/ser/sbin/ser_mysql.sh create
Verify that you have the correct ser: /opt/ser/sbin/ser -V

Start ser with /opt/ser/sbin/serctl start

Verify that ser is running: ps -ax | grep ser
and check /var/log/messages

If you still have problems, start ser this way:
/opt/ser/sbin/ser -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -E -D

Post the output.

g-)