[Serusers] SER segfault on 64 bit

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Sep 22 13:48:45 CEST 2004

On Sep 21, 2004 at 17:02, Michael Shuler <mike at bwsys.net> wrote:
> Its an Athlon 64 3400+ system with 512MB of RAM.
>
> [root at sip1 ser]# uname -a
> Linux sip1 2.6.8-1.521 #1 Mon Aug 16 09:01:00 EDT 2004 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64
> GNU/Linux
>
> I had to modify lock_ops.h on line 66 to include the following otherwise it
> would fail to compile:
> #include <errno.h>
> #include "dprint.h"

Try the latest unstable cvs and see also:

http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serdev/2004-September/002860.html
http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serdev/2004-September/002862.html

Support for x86_64 is in a very early experimental stage (I don't have
yet a machine to test it, so I can only suggest changes and see what
happens).

> I would do the backtrace but ser doesn't seem to be generating a core file.
> Is there some sort of option to make it do that?

You have to make sure your limits allow core dumping (ulimit -c
unlimited) and that ser is allowed to dump core in the working
directory (if you started it in the no fork mode), or in the dir.
specified in the -w option. Also core dumping won't work on linux if you
try to make ser suid to another user ( e.g.: ser -u nobody).

Andrei