[Serusers] Loose Route

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Oct 21 16:24:26 CEST 2004

On Oct 21, 2004 at 11:33, Martin Koenig <martin.koenig at toplink-plannet.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If a ser 0.8.14 named "server" receives the following message:
>
> ACK sip:final at destination:5060 SIP/2.0.
> Route: <sip:route at server:5060;ftag=0006283e0a6800774f26ee45-1c475c78;lr=on>.
>
> And loose_route() is called on that server, shouldn't it return true? Or is
> loose_route() only true if there is another Route Header field left after
> removing self?

Yes, it would have been true if there was another route header.
In fact loose_route returns true only if the message was "routed"
according to the route headers. If there was no change in the message
destination (either request uri or the destination uri), it returns
false.

> To my understanding, loose_route should return true if there was a Route
> header field removed by the function, so that we know we have reached the
> end of a server chain and can t_relay the request without further local
> processing.

If you are at the end of a server chain it will return false, because
the message will go to the request uri and not to an uri extracted from
a route header.

Andrei