[Serusers] Request for Link to Asterisk-SER Integration article.

Tom Samplonius tom at sdf.com
Wed Oct 13 07:30:51 CEST 2004

Bastian Schern wrote:

> .
> The second problem is the PSTN-Gateway. If I call a number through the
> PSTN gateway and than hangup before somebody answers the called phone
> will not stop to ring. How comes this?

  Probably a call-progress problem.  The PSTN gateway probably hasn't
detected that the incoming call has ended.  If it is an analog gateway,
you need to look into call-progress tones.  The telco switch should send
CP tones, but depending on where you live (there are several CP regional
standards), you might be out of luck.  Check your PSTN gateway manual.
If it is a digital (PRI/BRI) gateway, end of call detection should be
automatic.

Tom.