[Serusers] Ideal server

Nicolás Lagalaye Falcionelli berenerchamion at bluebottle.com
Tue Nov 30 06:15:40 CET 2004

I have to buy a server to host SER, serweb, sems... It will run the
router, the PSTN gateway (using E1 cards), voicemail, web inteface, and
billing services. Though number of clients will not be very big I want
it to be strong and stable. I must decide the hardware characteristics:

I actually do prefer AMD processors rather than Intel. But, what king
of processor I should use?
How many RAM?
About Hard Discs... Will a couple of Serial ATA 120GB discs do?
Finally, what Linux dist should I use? Red Hat is strong and enough
prepared so as setting up ser, sems, serweb and modules not turn into a
headache?

Many thanks,

Nicolás Lagalaye Falcionelli