[Serusers] Adding headers to the "200 OK" response

Kanakatti Mahesh Subramanya mahesh at aptela.com
Tue Nov 30 07:00:30 CET 2004

Is it possible to manipulate the "200 OK" response to a REGISTER method?
I need to add a header field to it, and as far as I can tell, there
really is no way to do this.

Why do I want to do this?
Well, Snom foneslook for the presence of a "P-NAT-Refresh: <yyyseconds>"
header in the "200 OK" response to their REGISTER methods.
If the header is present, the fones start sending out "keep-alive"
packets every yyy seconds, thus keeping NAT bindings open

Why dont I just use "natping_interval" in mediaproxy?
Because there are a whole bunch of routers (linksys firewall/routers,
dlink ones, etc.) which only keep the binding open when there is a
packet sourced from the internal network.

Cheers