[Serusers] Re-writing the "To: " field

Marian Dumitru marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro
Sun Nov 28 10:45:26 CET 2004

Hi Andrés,

Isn't enough to change only the RURI and to let TO unchanged? If not,
you can alter TO header but you have to be extremely careful not to
broke transaction matching. The idea is, if you change TO in request
(from To1 to To2), you have to catch the reply and to revert the TO
value (from To2 to To1). So, a combination of reply_route() and subst()
guess will do it.

Best regards,
Marian

Andrés Parra L. wrote:
> Dear Sirs:
>
> I'm configuring a pre-paid scenario with a third party
> gateway. The GW guys gave me a GW number (a.k.a
> Username) and a password, so i'm able to place calls
> in the PSTN only if i am registered in my SIP Proxy
> with the username the GW guys gave me.
> The thing is that i want all my users to be able to
> use this channel to reach the PSTN. If I call this way
> (sip:01xxxxx at theirdomain.com) i succesfully reach the
> PSTN but when i call this other way
> (sip:01xxxxx at mydomain.com) their server returns a
> (403) Forbidden. I'm aware that this behavior is
> correct (due to domain verifications) but i need to
> know how could I, in my SIP Proxy, rewrite the "To: "
> field in order to write the correct domain when i
> place a call like this: (sip:01xxxxx at mydomain.com). I
> believe that if I reach a solution in this particular
> issue i would be able to let all my subscribers to use
> individualy a GW account.
>
> If anyone can give me a clue of how could i reach a
> solution or any commets regarding this partucular
> issue, i would be really grateful.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Andrés Parra L.
> andresparra at ipsofactum.com