[Serusers] ser configuration example

Daniel-Constantin Mierla Daniel-Constantin.Mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Nov 15 12:44:44 CET 2004

Hello,

ser is not able to register in behalf of other user to another SIP
server. You can have features like prefix routing policies, but usually
the other SIP Server will ask for authentication of you calls and you
cannot do it in ser.

For incoming calls you can register some contact addresses with a big
expire value using other UA or tool (sipsak) to your ser and ser to
forward the calls to your phone. But you have to take care of
re-registration when previous expired (the expire time can be forced to
a lower value than wished by the server) -- e.g., with a crond job.

Daniel