[Serusers] SER + NAT (Allan, please?)

LBE_SIP at telefonica.net LBE_SIP at telefonica.net
Thu Nov 11 16:25:46 CET 2004

Hello,

We are trying to get SIP Express Router and RTP proxy working for NAT
traversal (as many of you, I think). We have tried all kind of
configuration files, versions, etc. but the best result we get is always
the same: the session is stablished, but the media are not. We have
followed, step by step, Allan's help (thank you, I am the guy that asked
for your ser.cfg) in his post on Nov 4th
(http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2004-November/012737.html),
but we are not able to get it working.

The problem seems to be that SER does not send the media to the ports
indicated by SDP, instead it sends them to wrong ports resulting in ICMP
'destination unreacheable' errors. As clients we are using two Windows
Messenger 4.7 in two different ADSL (NATed) lines connecting to SER in a
public Internet address. The linux box for SER is Red Hat 9.0 and file
versions are the same as indicated in Allan's post.

Any suggestions, ideas, ..., please? The deadline is really near and we
do not know what else to do.

Thanks in advance,
Luciano Bajo