[Serusers] SER to be used to forward Calls to/from an ITSP from Asterisk

Chris cshaw59 at attbi.com
Tue Jul 27 06:18:37 CEST 2004

Hello, I'm very new to SER, been using * for a couple months....

I don't mean to ask stupid questions, but I'm finding it hard to find any examples of using SER to REGISTER to a VoIP provider like Iconnecthere or Broadvoice and forward calls TO/FROM *...

All phones will register to Asterisk. Asterisk in turn will register to SER which will pass that registration info on to the SIP Provider...

So if someone calls from PSTN it would go PSTN => SIP-PROVIDER => SER => * => My Phone
And if I made a call: My Phone => * => SER => SIP-PROVIDER => PSTN

The reason I want to do this is because * does not support outbound proxies, round-robin DNS or RTP over TCP... Things I kinda want...

If anyone can point me to some examples or maybe help me out I would appreciate it... I've tried WIKI and searching this list, the closest I could come was this post...

http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2004-June/008916.html

but I can't understand most of it... it looks like he's doing basically what I want to do, but I am unfamiliar with the config file syntax... I've tried reading the manual and the faq, but it dosen't really help when it comes to passing things to/from *...

-Thank you for any help you can give
Chris