[Serusers] REGISTER implementation --

Kannaiyan Natesan nkans at lycos.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 22:01:08 CET 2004

> (For the implemenation of such a feature: hwo to you want to manage all
the
> passwords, accounts, etc. at the server.. sounds horrible to me.)
   I really don't think there is much think to be stored for a single user.
   Username: password:  proxy:  portno:
   Which is not really tough though as by the SER DB modules.

> A little analogy: would you tell you SMTP server how it can fetch the mail
> from you several mail accounts? I guess not.
> Either you use a MAU which can handle several accounts. Or you use
> forwardings, to collect all your mails at one central account.
      If my remote SMTP server is not forwarding the email address, then If
I receive a trigger that a email is received on that account, I can POP and
send it again to my local SMTP server. I think there is an acceptable logic
in this.

      With respect to the Registration I think only the  "REGISTER" sip
message need to be to send to the register module, rest of the call
sequences we can make to handle by SER. right?

Regards,
Kannaiyan