[Serusers] REGISTER implementation --

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jan 9 22:03:37 CET 2004

Nils Ohlmeier wrote:

>>The reason why it is needed:
>>I cannot buy bulk of phones to have a phone for every sip proxy or even to
>>pay too much for every additional sip uri. I feel it would be better to be
>>done at the server side rather than at the sip endpoint.

Why not start with Nils' toy SIPSAK and build a client that registers and
then forwards INVITES to your client? A command line function  like what
Kannaiyan describes in SIPSAK would be a perfect tool.

Thank you, Nils, for the mail server analogy. There are tons of tools to
fetch mail from several mail accounts and forward to your mail account.
None of them are postfix or sendmail modules.

/O