[Serusers] Some questions on "loose_route"

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Sat Jan 3 10:43:44 CET 2004

At 02:46 PM 1/2/2004, Franz Edler wrote:
>Hi all again,
>
>from various examples in the SER admin_guide and my own SIP knowledge-base I
>conclude, that the action "loose-route()" is responsible for correct routing
>of those requests, that are not destined to the proxy (host of Request-URI
>is not the proxy) and that have a proper Route-header indicating
>"loose-routing".

yes

>As such the action "loose_route()" should be sufficient to modify the
>Request in such a way, that the following action "t-relay()" finishes
>processing of the request. Therefore the action short sequence
>        ... if (loose_route()) { t_relay(); break; };
>does all, what is necessary for loose routing of those requests.

yes

>My problem is, that I could not produce a condition, where "loose_route()"
>evaluates to true, so that the action block { t_relay(); break; } is
>executed. I expect, that in a simple call-scenario with one record-routing
>SIP proxy (SER) the routing of the ACK- and the BYE-method should trigger
>the above mentioned "loose_route()" action.

yes, that's what it is supposed to do.

>But unfortunately it does not.
>Why?

Hard to say -- a trivial reason is you left out "record_route" from your
script, another reason is a phone does not generate proper subsequent
requests. If you post your config file and messages, perhaps someone on
the mailing list will look at these.

-jiri