[Serusers] loose routing problem

Thu Feb 26 17:23:29 CET 2004

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:

>>I'm still confused. I try to write it down in my own words as far as I
>>understand it and hope that somebody will confirm or correct my statements:
>>
>>So, loose_route does the rewritting of the req-URI (strict routing) and
>>removing of route headers if there are Route: headers in the request.
>>After that, the request should be routable by t_relay.
>>
>>The loose_route function will rewrite the req-URI of "strict_routing"
>>messages. So the if(uri==myself) statement shouldn't be TRUE anymore, or
>> does this statement checks the original req-URI?
>

> No, it checks the "new" uri, so in the strict router case you are right,
> it won't match (of course assuming the new uri!= proxy).
> In the loose router case, the message will be sent to the loose route
> uri (not to the request uri) and the request uri will not be changed,
> so your uri==myself could match although the message will be sent
> elsewhere.

I'm still confused ... the BYE request from Windows Messenger with a
route-set will be handled be the if(loose_route()){...} block, but not
the BYE request from Xlite with a route-set. But shouldn't also the BYE
from Xlite be processed in the if(loose_route()){...} block? I don't
want to care about in-dialog requests in my routing logic which deals
with voicemail, hunt groups ...

An other possibility would be to remove the t_relay in the loose_route
block, so that all in-dialog requests (Messenger and xlite) are
processed by the following routing logic.

thanks,
klaus