[Serusers] loose routing problem

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Feb 25 20:08:26 CET 2004

> I'm still confused. I try to write it down in my own words as far as I
> understand it and hope that somebody will confirm or correct my statements:
>
> So, loose_route does the rewritting of the req-URI (strict routing) and
> removing of route headers if there are Route: headers in the request.
> After that, the request should be routable by t_relay.
>
> The loose_route function will rewrite the req-URI of "strict_routing"
> messages. So the if(uri==myself) statement shouldn't be TRUE anymore, or
>  does this statement checks the original req-URI?

No, it checks the "new" uri, so in the strict router case you are right,
it won't match (of course assuming the new uri!= proxy).
In the loose router case, the message will be sent to the loose route
uri (not to the request uri) and the request uri will not be changed,
so your uri==myself could match although the message will be sent
elsewhere.

Andrei

[...]