[Serusers] Can SER authenticate to an 'uplink' proxy?

Dietmar Wessel dietmarlist at etre.de
Tue Aug 17 16:55:03 CEST 2004

Can SER at least authenticate its request sent to an uplink-proxy?
(Using different creditentials then used from the user-client? Ie.
can concatenated SERs authenticate against each other?

Dietmar

Soren (Home) said:

> Hi Dietmar,
>
> SER does not contain any UserAgent. It is just a proxy.  Probably what you
> want, is to use Asterisk instead (http://www.asterisk.org/).  It can
> register to foreign proxies.
I have tried Asterisk before but was not very happy as Asterisk seems to have
its own idea on how to forward SIP messages, there is no 1:1 forwarding
of messages, eg. a BUSY from uplink proxy is not forwarded as BUSY to
the UA.