[Serusers] Can SER authenticate to an "uplink" proxy?

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Aug 18 19:24:22 CEST 2004

At 03:59 PM 8/17/2004, Dietmar Wessel wrote:

>Hello,
>
>after reading some documents on iptel, googling and going
>through the mailing list I still do not know how to set up
>the following configuration - or if such a configuration is
>possible with SER at all:

no, its not. SER is a proxy server. SIP authentication verifies
identity of client, not of someone else's domain. If you wish
to use your sip phone with sipgate, have it registered with
sipgate.

If you would like to have multiple identities, use a phone which
can configure multiple identities. (cisco 7960, snom).

-jiri