[Serusers] RE: [Serdev] dispatcher module

serdev at dror.mailshell.com serdev at dror.mailshell.com
Mon Aug 9 14:49:16 CEST 2004

I think it would be great to extend the "dispatcher" module, to be able to dispatch among registered entries.
that is, instead of a database, select an address based on the current contacts list.
e.g.: Assume I have an application that registers under the name "app at iptel.org" from several physical servers.
The dispatcher will allow me to load-balance among those servers, by selecting one of the registered contacts.
maybe it can be added by defining a set named "contacts" for ds_select_dst.

note: it would be best if the function first find the highest q-value in those contacts, then select only among the entries with the highest value.
Alternately, it can be configured so that it gives relative "weight" to entries based on their q-value.

example usage:

route{
        if ( !mf_process_maxfwd_header("10") )
        {
                sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
                drop();
        };

       if ( method=="REGISTER" && uri= ~"app" ) {
          save( "servers" );
          sl_send_reply( "200", "Registered ok" );
          break;
       };
       if ( lookup( "servers" ) ) {
          ds_select_dst("contacts", "0");