[Serusers] SER and the SPA3000

Andres andres at telesip.net
Mon Aug 9 23:42:10 CEST 2004

Greg Fausak wrote:

> This is an interesting problem.
> I would venture to say that if you did NOT authenticate
> for those calls that you pass to a spa-3000, then that would work...
> that is, if your SERPROXY doesn't authenticate.

I'll give this a try and let you know.

> is it possible that the problem is trying to authorize
> twice...once for your UAC<->SERPROXY and then the
> UAC<->SERPROXY<->UAS(SPA3000)

Could be, but I am unsure if this would be a SER limitation or SIP
limitation.

> Can you have multiple credentials in the same SIP packet?
> Seems like it should work...
>
> Sorry, not much help I know.  Do you have a packet trace?

The packet trace reveals that the SPA3000 challenge is being swallowed
by SER.  What I mean is, this 401 is not being sent back to UA1 so there
is nothing to see in this part of the leg.  The 401 being sent back by
the SPA3000 looks as normal as a 401 being sent back by SER to a user
upon an INVITE.  I can certainly grab these traces again tonight and
send them to you.

--
Andres
Network Admin