[Serusers] SER and the SPA3000

Tue Aug 10 02:11:28 CEST 2004

Greg Fausak wrote:
> This is an interesting problem.
> I would venture to say that if you did NOT authenticate
> for those calls that you pass to a spa-3000, then that would work...
> that is, if your SERPROXY doesn't authenticate.
>
> is it possible that the problem is trying to authorize
> twice...once for your UAC<->SERPROXY and then the
> UAC<->SERPROXY<->UAS(SPA3000)
>
> Can you have multiple credentials in the same SIP packet?
> Seems like it should work...

SIP allows multiple credentials in one request. These credentials differ
in the realm string. So using the same realm for 2 hops does not work as
long as the hops are not synchronized in producing the nonce. Maybe it
can work if the proxy uses proxy-authentication and the SIPURA uses
www_authentication.

Nevertheless I don't have any glue why ser blocks the 401 response from
the SIPURA. Please post a SIP message dump.

regards,
klaus