[Serusers] call forwarding

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Thu Aug 5 19:16:33 CEST 2004

At 01:46 AM 7/29/2004, Greg Fausak wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>I've got a situation where I need to be able to forward a call.
>Fairly typical:
>
>CISCOGATEWAY->SERPROXY->UAC
>
>Best case would be to honor the 302 Moved Temporarily from the UAC.
>I can't figure out how to make it happen.

I don't understand what the problem is... if you wish the UA to
send 302, then configure it to do so, SER will relay it,
the gateway will initiate another attempt if permitted to do so.

>I've seen some talk about cpl, which seems like it could be
>used to forward a call.  Has anyone used cpl to forward calls?

If you are referring to things such as personalized user
call forwarding on busy, on unavailable, etc., yes, that's
what CPL is good for and we actually used it this way.

-jiri

>I use Asterisk, and I know that using this scenario:
>
>CISCOGATEWAY->SERPROXY->ASTERISK->UAC
>
>I can bounce the call with a 302 and ASTERISK performs
>a b2bua and starts another outbound call, ie:
>
>CISCOGATEWAY->SERPROXY->ASTERISKB2BUA->SERPROXY->CISCOGATEWAY
>
>Are there any other ways of getting a call forwarded from/to a gateway?

-jiri