[Serusers] call forwarding

O'Shaughnessy Evans shaug+sip at aloha.net
Sat Aug 7 03:24:55 CEST 2004

Jiri Kuthan <jiri at iptel.org> wrote:
[...]
> >I've seen some talk about cpl, which seems like it could be
> >used to forward a call.  Has anyone used cpl to forward calls?
>
> If you are referring to things such as personalized user
> call forwarding on busy, on unavailable, etc., yes, that's
> what CPL is good for and we actually used it this way.

What if I just want to forward all missed calls (forward on busy, on
no answer, etc) to a ser/sems server?  Do I need to use CPL for that?
Every example I've seen for forwarding to a voicemail server, where
a failure_route is used, sends the call to a specific mailbox (at
least as far as I understand it).  For example, from the end of
http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/project/sip/sip.edu/ser.shtml:

    failure_route[4] {
      append_branch("sip:80000 at 10.1.2.5");
      append_urihf("CC-Diversion: ", "\r\n");
      append_hf("P-hint: OFFLINE-VOICEMAIL\r\n");
      t_relay();
    }

I've seen many other examples that do essentially the same thing.
I want each user to have their own voicemail box (or, rather, their
voicemail should be emailed to their own registered email address).
It seems to me this is the way the voicemail system was designed to
work, and for calls that go straight to voicemail (e.g. the user
isn't online) it works fine.

But for some reason routing to the voicemail server via forward() or
t_relay() from a failure_route gets me a fast busy instead.  The odd
thing is that the call is being forwarded to the VM server, but the
caller never hears the announcement and just gets that fast busy
immediately.  Can someone please point me in the right direction to sort
this one out?

Thanks.

--
= o'shaughnessy evans =           = sys admin @ (aloha|kona|myworld).net =