[Serusers] Compiling

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Sep 16 20:57:50 CEST 2003

Hello,

On 16-09 11:37, Dovid wrote:
> You might be able to modify the Makefile rather than create the link.
> May I request that this be incorporated in a future version, as this is a
> standard install as per mysql's instructions?

  OK, incorporated into the unstable branch.

> On another note, when I compile I get many errors similar to:
> Makefile.rules:81: action.d: No such file or directory
> Makefile.rules:81: crc.d: No such file or directory
> and also: cfg.y contains 1 shift/reduce conflict and 38 reduce/reduce
> conflicts. (Is this an error?)
>
> Everything seems OK though. Any comments?

   That's normal, make is complaining about missing dependency files,
   but the files will be created later during the build process.

   Messages about shift/reduce and reduce/reduce conflicts are errors
   neither, they just warn you about ambiguities in the grammar.

     Jan.