[Serusers] HELP HELP HELP. I WANT TO USE CISCO GATEWAY!!!!

Alexandru Deac andu at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 3 08:09:01 CET 2003

On Sunday 02 November 2003 23:06, Akinsola Oyelakin wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am a newbie to SIP and I have a a network of voice routers (cisco 1760) I
> normally use full mesh H323. now I want to use SIP and let every voice
> router get in touch with the SIP server to know the IP address of the
> destination pattern (number). So the SIP server will be playing the role of
> a soft PBX. PLEASE help out with what I am suppose to do on the SER and
> each router. (I have the SER up and running.)

On the CISCO side here's a small example from one of my gws':
!
! A simple dial-peer that sends all matching calls
! to the SER box for completion
dial-peer voice 7000 voip
	destination-pattern 7...
	session protocol sipv2
	session target sip-server
!
!
! enable UA functionality on the CISCO box
sip -ua
	! this is quite obvious ... the IP of your SER server
	sip-server ipv4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
!

That's it for the CISCO side.
To test it you may use the default SER config and you should be able to call
other UAs registered on the system thru the CISCO gw.
One thing that you should remember is that the ser box doesn't register with
the SIP server (at leas I haven't found a way to do it) so it will not show
up under
# serctl ul show

Hope all this helps,

Alex.